With upwards of TEN new inches of snow forecast for the McCall area in the next several days, there is still plenty of Winter left and plenty to see and do!
Thank you to the McCall Chamber for compiling this list of several activities throughout McCall to add to your list for Winter Fun!
- HOT SPRINGS: We have two hot springs open in the region 1. Zim’s Hot Springs in New Meadows and 2. Mundo Hot Springs in Cambridge. Burgdorf Hot Springs has recently reopened for limited cabin guests, but no day swims at this time during COVID. For more information on their reopening plans, visit their website.
- SKI RESORTS: 1. Brundage Mountain Resort NEW for 2020-21: Most Day Ticket types are available for sale ONLINE ONLY. Purchase in advance. Quantities are limited. 2. Tamarack Resort tickets can be purchased on line or at the mountain 3. Little Ski Hill has the “only night skiing in McCall” and has a brand-new T-Bar lift!
- NORDIC & SNOWSHOEING: There are several areas with groomed trails for both snowshoeing and nordic/skate skiing in the area. McCall Nordic has a great website with information on all of these places! 1. Jug Mountain Ranch 2. Bear Basin 3. Ponderosa State Park 4. North Valley Trail 5. Tamarack Resort. For rentals of this equipment or to try out a fat tire bike, check out a list of members such as Home Town Sports, Gravity Sports, McCall Sports Exchange, Tamarack Resort, Jug Mountain Ranch, and MORE.
- OTHER IDEAS: tubing at the Activity Barn (book your time slot online), elk feeding tours in Donnelly, ice bumper cars at Manchester Ice Rink (reservations required) check out one of our fabulous spas, unique shops, dining, and more. More ideas HERE
- SNOWMOBILING: For a list of places to rent snowmobiles, VISIT HERE. For information on area riding, avalanche safety, licensing and zones, VISIT HERE.
A new skate rink at Gold Glove park brings a little bit of history and more outdoor opportunities for recreation. Remember to wear a mask, be respectful of the neighbors, socially distance, read the signs and recreate responsibly. Hours are Noon – 8pm, seven days a week. Portable restroom available.